Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Amethyst Question

Hello! I came across your page while looking for some information regarding the metaphysical properties of amethyst on your website, and I had a question. Sometimes when I'm stressed out, anxious, or fearful, I put on my amethyst necklace. I've noticed that my anxiety, etc. is usually relieved in a matter of minutes, but I've also noticed that if I wear the amethyst necklace for a longer period of time, I get high strung and jittery, as well as feeling like I'm not fully grounded. Could it be that I am experiencing an amethyst overload, or do I just need to have a grounding stone with me when I wear my amethyst necklace? Also, the necklace that I have is made up of little chips of amethyst, and it's quite a long necklace (it comes down to around my solar plexus), so I don't know if the "overload" I'm experiencing is because there's a lot of amethyst chips. Do you think if I wore a smaller amethyst (like my amethyst merkaba, which is smaller than a penny), I wouldn't feel the overload so much? I've also noticed on occasion, that amethyst makes me sleepy (altho not at the same time that I feel the overload.)

Do you know if the things I am experiencing are typical of people who wear amethyst?

Thank you very much for your help. I greatly enjoy your website.

Have a blessed day!

-Stefany C

P.S. What stone would you recommend in helping me to overcome my fear of thunderstorms?

2 comments:

  1. I think the most wonderful thing about natural crystals is that they vibrate at a certain frequency, no more, no less. More Amethyst will not vibrate quicker, less amethyst will not vibrate slower. I know a lot of these "therapeutic sites" tell you differently so you will buy more, but if you think about it, you'll see that doesnt make sense. The fact that every gemstone has a natural level of balance is one of their greatest strengths and what we count on when we use them.

    I suspect that the calming influence of amethyst is simply allowing another out of balance chakra revel itself to you. Of course Tiger Eye, Black Onyx and Hematite have terrific grounding properties, but I want to stress that the amethyst is not causing your anxiety. Some people think that if it has the power to correct a chakra that is out of balance, that it will go "overboard" or correct too much, but that is not true. Crystals are stones of BALANCE. If your Chakra is too strong in one area they will tone it down, too weak in one area they will bring it up, but they can not over-correct. They will bring the vibration of the Chakra to its PERFECT vibrational level.

    The problem here is not that you are wearing too much, but that you are wearing ONLY Amethyst. So although your first Chakra is coming into balance, the others are revealing themselves as OUT of balance. Rather than try to calm your feeling of anxiety, I recommend you try to bring the other chakras into balance as well. This will promote overall balance and health. Once all of your Chakras are aligned, ( I would wear a 7 Chakra Gemstone Bracelet for about 4 months) you will be more able to determine if you have specific issues to address. Also, Quartz Crystal is universal Healer. It vibrates to all numbers, aligns all chakras. If you dont want to wear the multi colors of the 7 Chakras, then purchase my Quartz Chakra bracelet and wear it with anything:)

    Regards,
    Shirley L Gordon/Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas season has come to mean the period when the public plays Santa Claus to the merchants.
    Your text is really appreciable!

    ReplyDelete