Friday, February 9, 2007

JoDee Says :Do you have any suggestions for me?"

Hi Shirley!

I have just discovered your sight while looking for the meanings of some stones I'm working with. I'm actually making a bracelet by request, for a friend named Shirley!! Kind of funny huh!

Anyway, I read your story and I am so impressed. I too, am at a point in my life where I'm not crazy about my work and I need to maintain my income. I have been doing clinical work as a Music Therapist and a Bereavement counselor for the past 20 years.
I have been making my own Jewelry for the past four and have been invited to shows here in Cleveland over the past year with wonderful success. I guess I'm writing to you to help me take the next huge step and make this my life. I LOVE creating and feel that I could have written so much of what is in your story. I too wish I could go to art school and learn more, but I also see that some people are just creative because it is the gift that was given them by God. I feel I fall in this category, BUT I know I have so much to learn.

Sometimes I'm afraid of being molded into something I'm not or being influenced by others work and then lose my perspective and approach to color, texture and shape, I'm sure you know what I mean.

So, all in all, was going to school worth it or do you feel you could have done what you're doing without it. Also, I feel I lack greatly in the business dealings of doing this work, how are you working your web site etc. I make only one of a kind pieces, what a challenge for selling on a site. I think I'd get bored with duplication. I've made over 400 pieces and each one is unique to itself, I love that challenge. Do you have any suggestions for me?

I'd love to hear from you!!
Take care and Good for you for taking the leap and following your heart...
I hope I'm right behind you!
Peace,
JoDee

No comments:

Post a Comment