Friday, February 9, 2007

Your story gives me hope.

I had a dream a few nights ago in which two women took my husband and me on a ride in a space ship to a distant planet. In preparation for our journey they said that we must have emeralds in order to make it easier for us to communicate with the beings from other worlds. They gave us stones and even told us to eat the special bread that they had baked with emerald dust added.

The dream felt important and I thought that I should check out the meaning of emeralds. I googled "meaning of emeralds" and hit "I feel lucky" and I went to your website. I was truly amazed at what I read and have already printed out the information about emeralds from your website. It had such personal meaning to me that I know that this is one of life's every day miracles. As I read though each part, I was in awe of how closely it pertained to me.

I just wanted to let you know how you have touched my heart. Indirectly by the meaning of emerald, but also by your story. I am a frustrated artist. I was told when I was a child that art was a waste of time and no one could actually make a living doing it. Though my grandmother encouraged me, my mother actually threw my art supplies in the garbage and denigrated my artistic endeavors. My doctor father and nurse mother pushed me all the way through nursing school. They told me that as a nurse, I would always have a job. I found that though I didn't feel called to nursing, after several years of trying different types of nursing, I found my niche. I got into maternal child nursing. I have worked in newborn nursery and mother baby nursing.

But I thought that I had truly arrived when I began teaching childbirth classes at a local hospital. Which I did for 13 years and I so loved my job. I thought that I would work there until I retired (I am 50 years old now). In late 2004 I was forced to resign. Though other reasons were given it was primarily as a cost savings measure for the hospital. They eliminated my position and pay hourly rate(read no benefits) to those that are doing my job now. Though it hurt my feelings to be kicked to the curb, it has changed my life in many positive ways. I no longer work in the evenings and weekends. I have more time with my children. I am self employed and work taking care of children and new moms.

Though I feel art calling me, it is my fear that prevents me from allowing myself something that I love. Your story gives me hope. You have found a way to follow your dream. I pray that I too will learn to follow my heart. I just now realized that the word heart actually contains art. Thank you for reading my very long email. Thank you for your beacon of hope on my healing journey. Blessings to you and to those that you love. May all of your days be filled with beauty and happiness.

Judy B.

No comments:

Post a Comment